Monday, December 8, 2008

SO SCARED

Sunday night Pig, the kids and I were all sitting on the couch watching the Christmas devotional. All the lights were out in the house besides the christmas tree. All of a sudden we heard someone fiddling with the front door lock. Pig jumped up and ran to the door. I grabbed the kids and was thinking of where we should hide. I couldnt believe that someone was breaking into our house on a sunday night at 8:30. Pig grabbed the closest weapon he could find which was one of those toy horses on a stick. It sounded like the people trying to get in were using a key on the door. Pig was so nervous he didnt even look through the peep hole he just hit the door really hard with the horse in hopes to scare the people off! He heard someones voice so he decided to look out the window. All he could see was a lady holding a baby so he decided to open the door. At this point I decided to come up and see why he was opening the door. I looked up and saw MY SISTER and her husband and baby who live in Philadelphia standing on my front porch. I was so excited and frantic and thought I was dreaming I pretty much peed my pants!(remember im pregnant) So my brother in law who is in med school in PA got a rotation here in salt lake for the next month and they didnt tell any of my family and just packed up and drove all the way here to surprise us. TOTALLY AWESOME! what an awesome Christmas surprise. We had to go with them to surprise mom and dad and it was so fun to share in the surprise and excitement. Pig and I had a very hard time getting to sleep cuz we still are in shock that they are here and keep playing it back in our heads and cant stop laughing. We love you Ali and Ryan- wish that you could have brought webbies home too!

7 comments:

Riddle Girl said...

We so know how to mess with the Marzo family now. But that is such exciting news to have more family close by for the holiday!

Rachel said...

Kinda wish Pig would have had the chance to use the stick horse weapon. How would a burgler feel if someone came at them with a stick horse and rode all over the top of them. (shudder) It could have been so ugly...

Meredith & Company said...

I think that is the best story. I'm so glad for you that your sis is in town. I also wish Pig would have had the chance to use the stick horse weapon...next time.

Karri Sloan said...

Awesome!!! It's so great they get to be here. Your story made me laugh and cry.

RasmussenFamily said...

Yeah... that is fun. We better get to see them too!

Papa said...

Yes, Dani and Pig, this experience definitely makes the highlight reel! When you all came to surprise Mother and me, it was great too - but not quite so dramatic. I thought it was prudent that by then, Ryan was already tempering the approach by recognizing who has guns in the home! Yesterday was a very enjoyable Christmas gathering having you all here. And Bonnie's "absence' was made much more tolerable by the fun time she and family Skyped in with us. You are all wonderful family!

Karen Marzo said...

Wow! How fabulous!!!! I'm glad you didn't actually pee your pants... When I was pregnant with Megan, Ed use to hold me down and tickle me until I really did. Remind me to tell you about the time I got him back....

Karen